Company “Eknis-Ukraine” implements turnkey systems of control, protection and excitation of synchronous motors with capacity up to 12.5 MW.
Excitation controller is integrated into control system by one the worldwide leaders: ABB Switzerland Ltd - UNITROL, Bastler Electric - DECS, DSR, ?KD Elektrotechnika - EMADYN, MICRODYN; as well as subsystem of motor protection and control developed by our specialists and based on relay protection terminals by ABB.
The system ensures implementation of the following functions:
• motor start with an automated excitation supply when sub-synchronous speed is achieved;
• rotor and stator winding protection;
• maximum and minimum voltage protection;
• maximum excitation voltage protection;
• maximum excitation current protection;
• excitation windings overheating protection;
• excitation refusal protection;
• protection from asymmetric work mode of thyristor converter;
• protracted start-up protection;
• automatic or manual control of excitation system;
• operational control of auxiliary technologic equipment;
• emergency messages, reports and statistics preparation;
• operational information displaying;
• information transfer to the upper level of automated control system through standard exchange protocols.
To provide 100% reserve of information on excitation motor control we implement dual-channel excitation system based on DECS-300 by Basler Electric or UNІTROL 6000 by ABB Swіtzerland Ltd.
The systems comply with the principle of optimum money-functionality ratio as we apply only tested solutions based on shelf components by foreign manufacturers.
Operating experience of complex control, protection and excitation systems for motors 1.5-4.8 MW implemented at Odessa port plant by our specialists can be a proof of system efficiency.
Systems enable to:
• prevent accidents and quickly eliminate the effects;
• enhance the dynamic stability of the motor;
• enhance motor’s working source due to precise control and regulation of regime parameters;
• significantly reduce the consumption of reactive energy by maintaining cosφ close to 1;
• carry out more effective analysis of emergency cases due to maintaining a register of emergencies and oscillograms by the system;
• improve and optimize the performance of the personnel.