Company Eknis implements turnkey systems of control, protection and excitation of synchronous motors with capacity up to 12.5 MW.
Excitation controller is integrated into control system by one the worldwide leaders: ABB Switzerland Ltd - UNITROL, Bastler Electric - DECS, DSR, KD Elektrotechnika - EMADYN, MICRODYN; as well as subsystem of motor protection and control developed by our specialists and based on relay protection terminals by ABB.
The system ensures implementation of the following functions:
• motor start with an automated excitation supply when sub-synchronous speed is achieved;
• rotor and stator winding protection;
• maximum and minimum voltage protection;
• maximum excitation voltage protection;
• maximum excitation current protection;
• excitation windings overheating protection;
• excitation refusal protection;
• protection from asymmetric work mode of thyristor converter;
• protracted start-up protection;
• automatic or manual control of excitation system;
• operational control of auxiliary technologic equipment;
• emergency messages, reports and statistics preparation;
• operational information displaying;
• information transfer to the upper level of automated control system through standard exchange protocols.
To provide 100% reserve of information on excitation motor control we implement dual-channel excitation system based on DECS-300 by Basler Electric or UNІTROL 6000 by ABB Swіtzerland Ltd.
The systems comply with the principle of optimum money-functionality ratio as we apply only tested solutions based on shelf components by foreign manufacturers.
Operating experience of complex control, protection and excitation systems for motors 1.5-4.8 MW implemented at Odessa port plant by our specialists can be a proof of system efficiency.
Systems enable to:
• prevent accidents and quickly eliminate the effects;
• enhance the dynamic stability of the motor;
• enhance motor’s working source due to precise control and regulation of regime parameters;
• significantly reduce the consumption of reactive energy by maintaining cosφ close to 1;
• carry out more effective analysis of emergency cases due to maintaining a register of emergencies and oscillograms by the system;
• improve and optimize the performance of the personnel.